Monday 28 June 2010

Wedding Acceptance

Hello



Firstly - I apologise for the colour of this card - it looks nothing like as yellow IRL, and the colours do all match really!

You would not believe how long it took me to make this card! First of all I made a large flower out of the gorgeous deep purple tissue paper, but thought it did not look right for a special acceptance card - look out for the flower on another card soon though. So then I could not decide what to do. I wanted to use a C6 landscape card and emboss the base card, but of course the Cuttlebug embossing folder I wanted to use is not the right way round to emboss the bottom half of a card, so I had to look for a separate sheet of paper to use. I've seen other people separate their folders, but I was not brave enough to do that - I really have an aversion to 'breaking' things LOL! Then, the folder is not wide enough for this size card. So I had to move the paper across and emboss more than once for the full width - which left a mark where the join was - unfortunately, you can still see the line a bit.

Then, after lots of fiddling, I made the paper flowers out of tissue paper using a daisy punch - each flower has about six layers of tissue paper. I love them - definitely gonna do that again! Didn't have a stamp with Acceptance on it, so had to use peel offs.

I was really pleased with the finished card, but my photo really does not do it justice.

I'm going to enter it in the following challenges:

Freshly Brewed Challenge which is Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge which is Embossing

Well, that's it from me for now - better wash up before going to bed!

Love, Andrea xx

4 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a sweet acceptance card the three flowers look great love the purple...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Fleur said...

Great card, very elegant
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur
xXx

Kirsten...x said...

very striking love the embossing you have done...x


Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Very Pretty! I love the embossing and lovely flowers. Thanks for playing at Freshly Brewed Challenges!