Sunday 20 June 2010

Summer Colours

Hello - Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads in our lives!

I was looking for inspiration to make a card for another friend of Eleri's (yet another birthday party - what a party goer my daughter is turning into LOL!) I found a fabulous sketch on the Karen's Doodles UK Challenge blog, so printed that off to use. Then I realised that challenge was ending so there was no way I would get a card made in time. But I decided to use the sketch anyway, as I had no other ideas. But then, as luck has it, I can enter my card in this week's challenge which is 'In the Summertime'. I've used bright summery colours.



I just love the way this card turned out. The image is Fairy Fun from Karen's Doodles, and I coloured her with Promarkers, and added a bit of sparkle with Copic Spicas. I stamped some little flourishes around the image to stop it looking too plain. The bp is Kay and Co, and I embossed the lemon panel in my cuttlebug. I love the bunting on the card. Finally, I added a punched out flower daisy.

I'm not sure how the card looked when it was opened as Eleri dropped it as she was carrying it into the party and stepped on it - the flower and bunting probably got very scrunched LOL!

I'm also going to enter this card in this week's A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge which is 'a Sunshine Inspired Card'.

I must go now as I need to be 'housewife' for a while LOL!

My next post will be to show the Father's Day cards I made, and I have a confession to make - so you'll have to come back again to see what I've been up to LOL!!

Love, Andrea xx

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Karen's Doodles with such a delicious card ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Anne said...

wow Andrea, love the bunting, fab idea. I'll be pinching it for me cards lol
Thanks for playing along with KDUK this week
Anne x

Joey said...

Hi Andrea

beautiful colours and gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at karens doodles uk

Joey.xxx

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Andrea! Very summery and love the bunting! Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles UK. Viv x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Andrea, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Crafteezee said...

Hi Andrea, what a fabulous cheery card, love the bunting. Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles UK. Hugs Tracy x

Unknown said...

Andrea what a beautiful card I LOVE the bunting what a great idea and the colours wok so well I am really glad you got a chance to enter this card in it is stunning xx good luck in the challenge this week and thank you for entering x