Tuesday 22 June 2010

All Male Cards

I hope you are all having a fabulous week and enjoying the gorgeous sunshine those of you in the UK!

I have four cards to show you today, all male cards! The first card is one I made for my son's friend who is 9 today. I have followed the sketch on Friday Sketchers this week - I just turned it upside down. I have used Gray, a freebie from Little Musings, and coloured him with Promarkers. The papers are Hot Off The Press, which I've had for years - that means I can also enter this card in Lexi's Creations Challenge which is Something Old, and also Paper Play Challenge which is also Something Old. The Cool Dude sentiment is from Pollycrafts, and that is a penny slider, but I don't think you can tell from my photo. I decorated the inside to match but didn't take a photo of that as Andrew had already written in it when I was takng the piccies! I was really pleased with this card, and Riki and his Mum loved it too!



Now to my other cards, and the confession I mentioned in my previous post. I've been struggling to get into the crafting spirit lately, so I was really late making my Father's Day cards - had to make three on Saturday night!!! So, of course I cheated, and used the same sketch I used last week for all three cards. I used Spider Henry from Whiff of Joy for my hubbie's card, and images from Fred She Said for my Dad's and FIL's cards. I made the ticket sentiments on the computer - found a fab ticket shape in my word programme!







Now, to my confession if you're still with me ... My Dad's birthday was on Father's Day and, because I hadn't got my bottom into gear to make the Father's Day cards and his birthday cards in time (not that I craft through my bottom of course LOL!) ... the birthday card I gave my Dad was actually a card I gave him a few years ago, and was in a pile Mum returned to me so that I could recycle them ... I just put in a new insert ... how bad is that???? LOL! I'm not sure if Dad realised as he hadn't opened his cards when I left on Sunday!

Anyway, that's it from me! Hope to be back again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card Andrea, love all the different images.
luv
Debby

Deirdre said...

STUNNING ... all of them are simply beautiful.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

maxine said...

Great cards thanks for playing along at Lexis creations this week.

Janneke said...

Beautiful cards ;0)
Awesome coloring!
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Janneke X

Chelsea said...

Oh wow! All these cards are so Awesome!
Amazing coloring, especially on the cars! Wow!
Luv,
Chelsea

Andrea said...

Just read Chelsea's comment re. my colouring - I cannot take credit for colouring the cars - the images were pre-coloured - that's just me cheating when I'm in a hurry (I love it when you can buy digi images that are both outline to colour yourself and the option of pre-coloured!)
Love, Andrea xx

Mina said...

lol I bet your Dad didnt even notice Andrea lol...wow your cards are just stunning and amazing colouring...I love the car images they are great
Mina xxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Andrea :) I especially love the 2 car cards (but they are all fab).

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x