Saturday 26 March 2011

For Someone Special

Hello and Happy Saturday - To those of you who have been or who will be going to the NEC, I hope you have a fabulous time! Unfortunately, I have not been able to go (again!) as my hubby is working!

But I have managed to make a card for someone who is leaving their job very soon - I am going to miss her, and I know many many other people will too!



The image is a Wee Stamps digi called Sweet Blossom from Cuddly Buddly - isn't she soooo sweet!? I have coloured her with Promarkers. The papers and the embossing folder I used are the V&A Hanoverian range from Do Crafts. The border punch I used is X-Cut, as are the heart dies, and the flower dies are from Joy Crafts, fastened together with pearl brads. I coloured the layering card and the adhesive pearls with the pink Promarker to match her dress, and added a touch of glitter with Diamond Stickles.

I followed last week's sketch at the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge, but missed the challenge!

But I am going to enter the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers - In the Garden
2 Sisters Challenge - Make your own embellishments - I hope using dies to make the flowers and heart count!
Totally Papercrafts - Cuddly and cute
CES Challenge - Die cut crazy

That's probably all I need to say this evening - thank you for calling by! See you soon. I'm going to have another attempt at crochet - attempted earlier in the week but could not get the hang of it at all (LOL!). My sister made Eleri such a gorgeous crocheted jacket a couple of weeks ago, and she's made herself some lovely things, and it's made me wish I could do it - well, what I'd really like to be able to do is to crochet some flowers to add to a card.

Good night!

Love, Andrea xx

13 comments:

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Andrea and the image is so pretty. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Monica said...

Such a pretty card with a cutie-pie on it.

Have left you a little something on my blog.
xxx Monica

coops said...

gorgeous card andrea.i love your pretty colours and details and the image is adorable.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Gro said...

Beautiful card.And your image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Andrea, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Andrea; sweet image and beautiful papers. I saw some crocheted flowers on someone's blog the other day and they were gorgeous. I keep meaning to have a go too. xx

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww gorgeous card, beautifl colouring, pretty papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

oheidia said...

I really love your card and the image is supercute! Thanks for joining our "in the garden" challenge at PFP:=)

Heidi

Mina said...

wow Andrea the colouring on this stunning little girl is just perfect...beautiful card...maybe you will get to the NEC in November Im hoping to go again this year too
Mina xxx

Tab said...

Oh Andrea, your card is gorgeous, love the image and the pretty paper you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

darling Ho said...

Oh~~What a sweet card! I love the colour you used and the flowers are just lovely.
Thanks for sharing it at 2SC. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

A Year Of Quotes said...

I love the softness of this card! So pretty!

crafty amy said...

She is adorable!! This is a super cute card :D
Thank you for joining us at CES don't forget to check tomorrow to see if you have won and to take part in our new challenge.

Hugs

Amy xx