Tuesday 18 August 2009

Simon Says Challenge

As ever this is a last minute entry!

The latest challenge on the Simon Says Challenge blog is Anything But a Card. I took inspiration from Abbys Garden and decided that I would love to make a hanging photo frame for my daughter's bedroom.


I used paper weaving for the background - it took me ages to work out why I was not getting the pattern I wanted (ie every other blocks of colour) - I did eventually realise that I needed to have one patterned paper across the top, and then weave horizontally with the other patterned piece! The papers and embellishments I used are from an old Kay and Co scrapbooking kit. I have added glitter glue to my daughter's name and the embellishments.



Because I wanted to enter this in the Simon Says Challenge (and I'm not sure whether there has to be stamping on the project), I thought I'd better do some stamping - so stamped some swirls with versamark around the frame - I think you can just see it in the photo below. Just need to add my daughter's photo, et voila, it's ready to hang!


I'm also going to enter this in Penny's Challenge.

And this is the end product with a photo added!


Eleri and I are both pleased with how this has turned out, so I think I'm going to make one for her friend whose birthday is coming up.

Thanks for looking! Look forward to being back again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

4 comments:

Penny said...

Great photo hanger. Wicked cute!!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Challenges :)

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Andrea. Great job on the anything but a card and the great interpretation of photo hanger.

Alanna with Penny's challenges

Tab said...

Absolutely gorgeous frame, hun, love your colour combo and the paper choice is delish as are all the flowers!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Oh this is so pretty Andrea, love the soft colours x