Saturday 1 August 2009

Baby Congratulations Cards

At last, I've had some time to download photos, and add a post on my blog! Where on earth does the time go - just flies!! We are a slightly poorly household this week - my son had croup in the night on Monday, and has not been himself since really - he has a cold, and has been suffering with a headache on and off for a few days ... then yesterday I woke up with a really sore throat ... and my husband also has a sore throat and a headache - but there are no other symptoms so not the dreaded swine flu!!!

I could not believe it last week - I won some candy from the fabulous Fran over at franmade (if you get chance, please take a peek at her blog - I find her work so inspirational). I could not believe the amount of goodies when I opened my parcel - thank you so much Fran, you have been so generous {hug}. And the parcel arrived at just the right time - I had decided that I needed to buy a teddy stamp to use on new baby cards as I couldn't find the right topper for a new baby card I was making - and guess what ... what I thought was the perfect stamp was in my bag of goodies - fantastic!!! This is everything I received:





So I managed to finish the baby boy card I had been asked to make, and I was then asked to make a baby girl card as well. The base cards have been printed using a Crafters Companion CD, and I have folded them into the spring up shape, shaped the top by embossing with my Ultimate Pro and cutting around it, then stamped and embossed the teddy. On the boy card, I used peel offs around the edge, but used glitter glue on the girl's card. I punched out some little feet and glittered them up to add to the girl's card, and also added some onto the tag. Then made boxes to match. The boy card went down well, and I hope my friend likes the girl card! Well, here are the pictures - (anyone who has seen my blog before will know that my photography skills are not brilliant ... actually, I blame the lighting inside my house ... I get better photos outside, but when I tried to photograph cards outside this afternoon, they blew off the table ... I had a brilliant side and bottom shot!!! ... oh the mishaps of a crafter and blogger (LOL!))






Well, that's it for now - sorry this turned into a long post! I do have another card made ready to photograph (hmmm ... should I do it now - it's not so windy? - think I'll give it a go!!). Hope to be back again soon.

Bye for now!

Love from
Andrea xx

No comments: