Monday 28 February 2011

A Boy's 3D Card

Hello again - I'll get this second card in quick tonight, please see below for my earlier post.

This is the card I made for my son's birthday - an easel card. The images are all from Digistamp Boutique, Out of This World! - I used the pre-coloured version as I was doing this very last minute and needed something quick LOL! The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder (funny how they have two different folders called Snowflakes!). I gently rubbed over it with a silver ink pad - I think this makes a perfect outerspace background.

The rocket is hanging on a strip of acetate, so it bounces and moves. The little space monster and the alien are just standing on a folded piece of card. The base is cut from the brown card you find in the middle of a roll of wrapping paper - so there's a bit of re-using/recycling here - good on ya Andrea!!! I created the sentiment on the computer and die cut it with a labels nestie (maybe I should have put it at the top of the card though!)





I'm entering this in the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown - 3D
Easy Craft Projects - Something for the boys

That's it - I really am going now!

Love, Andrea xx

3 comments:

Rach said...

Andrea this is a brilliant idea for a card, love it.. hugs rachxx

Monica said...

SUPER card... I admire the ease with which you handle cards for boys as well as turn out such pretty cards for girls. This card is so VERY creative. I always look forward to your interesting posts.

xxx Monica

Tab said...

Fabulous card, hun! Love the images, just too cool for words!
Hugs Tab xxx