Well, here's the first photo of what I've been up to over the last couple of weeks. This is the card I gave my husband for Valentine's Day.
The image is one of the High Hopes stamps I won in candy a couple of weeks ago - I've coloured him with Promarkers. I've used a Cuttlebug folder for embossing the hearts background, and I rubbed over it with a red ink pad to add a bit of extra colour. The red heart is a die cut, which I wanted to have a crackle effect. I triple heat embossed it and then (can you believe it????) I put it in the freezer - I'm sure I remember being told once that it would crack. I don't know if I was dreaming about this LOL, or if I didn't leave it in the freezer long enough but it didn't crack - I bent the heart gently in different directions to make it crack. Then I rubbed over it with a gold ink pad. Not quite the effect I was after but it'll do! And it's not bloomin' well showing very well in the photo - sorry.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - S.O.S. - For SomeOne Special (my husband - he's got to be special to put up with me LOL!)
2 Sisters Challenge - Embossing - my background embossing, and the triple embossing on the heart
Creative Inspirations Challenge - Distressing - trying to crackle the heart
That's it for now I think.
I've had a fairly lazy day today - done a load of washing, popped into work this morning to send some e-mails that wouldn't go on Friday as the system was down, caught up with my ironing, and dyed my hair this afternoon (I can go out in the wind again now LOL!). Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow (hoping to have a bit of a lie in!).
See you soon.
Love, Andrea xx
Using a Die
20 hours ago