Friday 29 July 2011

A Swimming Party

Hello Everyone - Happy Friday!

Well yesterday wasn't as bad as I feared 'children-wise' - Eleri just had one friend to play with, and there is always so much less friction then! Although, at one point, I had a major panic as I did not know where she was - the last thing she had said was that she was going to ride around the square on her bike, and then when I was looking for her I couldn't see her bike - I thought she'd gone up the road to another house or to the park without asking me (and she would definitely have been in trouble if she'd done that!) But she was just next door with her friend - they had just taken their bikes inside the garden where I couldn't see them - whew, panic over!

Anyway, on to the reason I'm blogging today - to show a card. Eleri has been invited to a swimming party tomorrow (but, because the children are all under 8, parents have to go too - not sure if I'm looking forward to that really, but I can't let her down!) I did initially say she wouldn't be able to go because I would need to stay with Andrew and we hadn't got another adult to swim with her - but the boy's Mum said Andrew could come along too! Actually, I could do with a good swim - I do keep telling myself that I'm going to start swimming one evening a week but I keep making excuses for not going - meetings for work, Richard playing squash, Richard cricket training, Richard cricket coaching etc etc. Basically, I'm just plain lazy LOL!

Here's the card:



A very simple card. The background paper is a scrap of a digi paper I had in my stash - I can't remember where its from. So, as its a digi I've sprayed it with Crafters Companion Silver Spray and Sparkle to hold the ink on the paper. The image is the July freebie digi from Digistamp Boutique, called Molly and Tom. I've enlarged the image, and then die-cut Tom out with a Spellbinders Circle die. Matted him onto a scalloped circle die. I've copied the image and cut the little octopus out to decoupage him up at the side of the image. The sentiment was created on the computer, and just cut up, and then I inked around the edge of each letter with the same colour Promarker as I used on the octopus. Added ribbon and a button, oh and used my new paper crimper for that blue strip. I've added stickles to Tom's goggles.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Punch or Die
Totally Papercrafts - Bling It Up
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Craft Your Days Away - Summertime

I hope you all have a good weekend. Hope to see you again soon.

***Edited to add - I spoke too soon! Eleri came in at tea time crying and saying that a little girl had been mean to her. So I suggested that she stay in the house after tea, but she's gone straight back outside to play with the same little girl :}

Love, Andrea xx

4 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Andrea,

Glad that you finally found Eleri and that all was well.

This card is awesome... so perfect for the occasion. You are just so brilliant!

xxx Monica

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Andrea; love the way you've used the image!

You sound so like me when you've been asked to go somewhere, lol!! I'm glad Eleri was safe! Kids - I think we get more upset about their squabbles than they do! We're left seething and they go back to play with the 'culprit', lol!! xx

Vicky said...

Fantastic Andrea.....great image and design hun..!

Also glad Eleri was safe n sound too :o)

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

paper fun said...

What a fun card! I want to jump into this card and cool off! LOL

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari