Friday 16 July 2010

Teacher/Classroom Assistant Gifts

Well, I finally got some little gifts sorted for Andrew's and Eleri's Classroom Assistants. I wanted to cover some notebooks for their class teachers, but both children thought their teachers would prefer chocolates, so I made them the same gifts. I made 11 in total. I'm still disappointed not to have been able to give the teachers the notebooks, but I ran out of time to make them anyway!



For each gift, I used a piece of A4 card, cut to 5" wide, then measured 5" from top, scored across the width, and 5" from bottom and scored across the width. Folded up, then decorated the front. I have used the freebie donkey smiles image from Whimsy Stamps. This image has been designed to use for the Spoon Full of Sugar Kickin It for Michelle Card Drive, for a very special lady who has had an accident recently. I will be using the image to make a card for Michelle - that will by my next project I think.

Anyway, I'm not very good at colouring animals, so I have printed the cute little donkey onto backing paper - some on brown, and some on pink gingham. Then I've added colour using Promarkers. I'm very happy with the way the donkeys turned out. I then cut them out and stuck them over another print of the image - didn't bother cutting around the tail, just cut it off (hope it didn't hurt donkey LOL!), and then coloured the tail on the base image. The matting for the image was cut with my Nellie Snellen die. The papers I've used for the borders are My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary, and they were free with the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine - thanks Mina for the heads up on this - had to run out and buy the magazine as soon as I knew it had MME papers with it LOL! I think all the papers in the pack are gorgeous. Then it was a case of adding some flowers and gems, eyelets and ribbon for closing, and fastening the little packs of chocolates inside.



Ooh! this next one was for the male trainee teacher - obviously not MME papers - they are a download.



With this next photo, I've tried to show you what the inside looked like.



I'm entering these in the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers, which is Animals (hope my entry counts, as I did not colour the full image!)
and the pink one is entered in Charisma Cardz Challenge which is Pink!

I have just finished making a card for another of Eleri's classmates who is having a birthday party tomorrow - I'll probably show you tomorrow, as there is absolutely no way I'll get a decent photo now LOL! I thought we'd have a break from birthday parties over the summer holidays, but Eleri's been invited to two more in the holidays, the little party animal - she has a far better social life than me!!

Hope you managed to stay with me to the end - I must pack all my craft stuff away and go to bed. Goodnight, and have a fabulous weekend!

Love, Andrea xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Andrea, what lucky teachers ! Love the idea and the design is fab. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Tracy said...

Fabulous gifts Andrea.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Lexxie said...

wow, you have been busy, but I'm sure the teachers will really appreciate them, they're gorgeous,
Love Sarita xx

Julie said...

The donkeys look gorgeous, Andrea - great gift ideas!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week!! Juliexx

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

What a cute cards and images. Your colouring is fab. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs, Anja

Emma said...

Gorgeous gifts and so sweet.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Andrea,
These are beautiful. The paper piecing is really effective. Love them & I'm sure the teachers will too. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Unknown said...

what a great treat, thanks for joining Charisma.

Debs said...

these are fabulous!! :-)
thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x