Monday 3 January 2011

I Found a Bargain

Hello again everyone.

When I was Christmas shopping, I popped into the QVC outlet store, and found one of the We Are Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool kits for £1.99 (wow! real bargain, as I nearly bought it when I saw it originally - it was about £20). It is a kind of paper piercer with different heads (straight, criss cross, scallop and flower), plus a piercing mat and some coloured threads. After I bought it, I read some poor reviews about it on the QVC website and, because of that and everything that happened just before Christmas, I didn't give it a go until a couple of nights ago. And I am so pleased with it (though I don't really think it is worth the full money!).

I used it on a notebook I covered - I sewed scallops across the corners of the papers and across the panel in the centre under the image. I fastened the panels with the sewn corners on the cover, then opened the book, and realised I'd covered the back by accident (oops!), so then had to do some more sewing for the front cover. Lucky I realised before I added the rest of the elements (LOL!).



The image is from Whiff of Joy and the papers are Kay & Co, again - sorry, and I have two more to do! Here's a close up of the stitching on the middle panel.



I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Passion for Promarkers - Anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Something new - new tool used
Creative Cowgirls - Something new - new tool used

That's it me thinks. Need to colour up some more images to cover the other two notebooks. Hope to see you again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

11 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous note book, Andrea! Lovely papers again and great colour combo!! Thanks for joining our Mega challenge at PFP, juliexx

Poppet said...

Great project Andrea, love the papers you have used and the sewing adds texture. I like the way you have finished the marker off to match the rest of the book.

Thank you for sharing your great project with us at Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Andrea, another gorgeous notebook. I love the image and your colouring is fab. The stitching looks amazing. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

whooo... congrats on your shopping trip:-) i wished i had something like this

your note book is fabulous Andrea. loving it
claudia

coops said...

gorgeous notebook andrea.i love the whiff of joy image and your colours and stitching are stunning.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Monica Gale said...

Lovely book Andrea, I found your blog from the Crafts Beautiful forum, glad I did and I subscribed, hugs xxx

Deb said...

Great stitching your new purchase seems to be just fab, wonderful image and great die cut. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this challenge, Happy 2011
Debs
xxx

jaine drake said...

Well done on your find. I love your notebook. Lovely work. Thanks for joining in at creative inspirations.

Mina said...

wow that was a bargain Andrea...I love this gorgeous notebook its a fab combo of papers and image and your sewing adds a perfect touch to it
Mina xxx

Gina said...

Fabulous notebook Andrea, and your new technique is wonderful :D Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Cor* said...

Good for you with the bargain! I love a good bargain! and it looks fantastic,. A great altered book.Thanks for showing us your NEW stuffs at Creative Inspirations this time round. Happy Crafting!