Sunday 26 December 2010

Presents for My Nieces

Seasons Greetings to everyone! We have had a lovely Christmas - quiet, and spending time with family - just as I like it. We don't have many plans for the rest of the holidays at the moment except a family party for my cousin's 30th birthday next weekend! For the rest of the holidays, we'll just play it by ear and see how the mood takes us!

I did not manage to make as many presents or cards as I had originally planned, but I did make some presents for two of my nieces.

This first gift is a teddy in its own bag which I knitted for my 2 year old niece. The pattern was in the Crafts Beautiful magazine. I was getting a little worried that I would not finish it in time, but I got there in the end.



The little bag opens up to reveal a sleeping bag for the teddy to go to bed!



And this is what the teddy looks like - she has pink knickers on under that dress - and they can both be taken off! My knitting is not too bad, but I'm not very good at sewing - I just hope it all stays together!!



My 13 year old niece loves to sketch, so I covered a watercolour sketch pad for her. (Sorry about the quality of the photo - it was dark when I was taking the photo, and I don't have any kind of light box).



I have used the sketch on Sunday Sketch and Stamp. The only thing missing is a sentiment - but I couldn't find anything suitable, so I added flowers instead - hope that counts!

The stamp I used is from Whiff of Joy - I think she's called Melinda with Book - and I coloured her with Promarkers. The papers are Kay and Co.

I had planned to cover some notebooks for teacher presents this year, but I completely lost my mojo and did not get around to it - I might just do that for when the children start back to school if Mr Mojo comes back!

Thanks for looking, and I hope you are able to pop back again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful gifts Andrea.
luv
Debby

Claire said...

Fab sketch pad and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this time, hugs, Claire x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful and cute!! Your nieces will love them!

Jacque said...

Absolutely darling gifts you have made!! That little bear is so cute and an amazing amount of work!!! The sketch pad is just darling too. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and hope you will come back often!! Have a fabulous New Year...Hugs..Jacque

Anonymous said...

Both creations are magnificent!! The bear in it's own sleeping bag is just amazing...you're so talented! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, it means so much.

Happy New Year!

Abby

Monica said...

Wow! That is a masterpiece... look at the sweet teddy and her bed. You are truly gifted!

xxx Monica