Thursday 4 March 2010

First Mother's Day Card for this year ...

Well, hello everyone - I hope you have been having a good week, it's the weekend, and I hope you have a great one!

I only realised on Tuesday this week that Mother's Day here in the UK is on the 14th March - aaagghhh, that was my crafting plans up the swanny (lol!), cos I thought I'd better get my Mother's Day cards made pretty quick! (**Whisper** - I actually had to go out and buy a couple of cards to give this week - huh! - how wicked was that, slap my wrists, (lol!))

I'm actually quite disappointed with this first Mother's Day card I've made - isn't it horrible when something doesn't work out the way you had envisaged?? Actually, looking at the card on the mantlepiece at the moment, I think I'll probably tweak it some before I give it to my mother-in-law - maybe add some ribbon and a charm, write over the sentiment with a Sakura Clear Sparkle pen. But I needed to photograph it in the daylight to upload it for the challenges, so have not had time to do the tweaking yet.


It's the first time I'd inked up this gorgeous Demure stamp which I bought in the Funky Kits January sale - she's been coloured with promarkers, and watercolour paints - I'm not happy with her dress, but just didn't know what to do to improve it - also noticed the crease in the image too late (oh poo!).

I sprayed the base card with a spray ink, and distressed around the image with the matching chalk ink (found them in a QVC store). The papers I used were some scraps - Kay and Co I think.

What do you think of my paper roses? - I made them myself - they're a bit fiddly, but really easy to do. I found the tutorial here. I've used a five petal flower punch rather than the six petal one, but I think they've worked quite well. Would have been better if I'd used some double sided paper though.

I'm entering this card into a few challenges:

Sketch Saturday - the sketch I followed
The Pink Elephant - add green
Cute Card Thursday - lucky green
Lexi's Creations - anything goes
Allsorts Challenge - card/gift for mother's day

Whew! Never managed to enter that many challenges in one go before lol!

Thanks for looking, and I'll be back when I've finished my next Mother's Day card!

Love, Andrea xx


4 comments:

maxine said...

A lovely card thanks for joining us at Lexi's this week

Jo said...

I don't think it needs tweaking, this is a beautiful card.

Oh & Congratulations!!!! ;)

Pauline said...

Great card Andrea, the paper roses are fab, and the colouring is gorgeous! Pauline x

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT :)
Hugs x