Sunday, 17 January 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge #62

Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday - hope you've had a lovely weekend - mine has been good, but just gone so quick!

I have made another Thank You card, this time following the fabulous sketch on the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog this week. All the DT samples are wonderful and so inspirational - I just had to have a go.


However, I did struggle with my card. I stamped my sentiment onto the back of a chipboard label from a top I bought in Asda (there's re-using and recycling for you!!). When I threaded the ribbon through (which, by the way, was from a gift set I had sometime ago - hey recycling again, what's got into me (LOL!) - the sentiment was a bit thick to stick on easily, and I managed to get it really skew wiff - managed to straighten it a bit, but not perfect! I also wish I hadn't made the mat for the image quite so big. I was becoming really disappointed with my card. You know how it is when you have something in mind and can't wait to give it a go, and then it just doesn't go the way you want it to - its so frustrating and disappointing!!

But once I added the flowers, which have had some glitter spray added, I felt happier with it, and I quite like it now!

Thanks for looking, and I hope you are able to pop back again sometime.

Love, Andrea xx

3 comments:

Jane said...

It's gorgeous! love this cute image and you papers and colours are really beautiful. Gorgeous ribbon and flowers too. Thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane xx

cats whiskers said...

What a stunning card fabulous colourng of the WOJ image and great take on the sketch thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

*Michaela* said...

What a lovely card, Andrea! Super sweet image, fantastic coloring. What a great way to use ribbon. Fabulously done!!!
Hugs,
Michaela