Wednesday 2 December 2009

Sketch Saturday - Matching Cards and Pressies

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Two of my daughter's classmates had a joint birthday party yesterday, so I made matching cards and pressies for them both. Only thing is, I used the same wrapping paper for both presents, and wrapped them at the same time, and then forgot which was which - der!!! I did apologise to the Mums in case I got them wrong!!

For the cards, I followed the sketch on this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge. I rotated the sketch to fit the image, which is Queen Charlotte from Whiff of Joy, coloured with watercolour paints and pencils. After stamping Charlotte, I masked her and then stamped a present, so that she had something to sit on. I printed the sentiments on the computer. The pink papers are Kay and Co, and the lilac ones were from Lakeland. The gems are dew drops - maybe they're a bit big for the cards really!




And I decided to make matching photo hangers as part of the presents - can you see now why I panicked a bit when I couldn't remember which was which after wrapping?!!!



Well, I hope you like what I've shown today - I was pleased with them and I hope the girls like them!

I hope I don't have to make any more birthday cards for a while - I must get on with Christmas cards - I thought I was doing well, but I'm not - gonna have to end up buying some cards to give I think!

Hope to see you again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous, what wonderful gift sets.
luv
Debby

Tab said...

Oh wow, hun, these are gorgeous! What a fab idea, I imagine they were very well received! Fab colours too!
Hugs Tab xxx