Monday 8 June 2009

A Few Good Men!

Well, a few cards for some good men anyway!! (LOL).

I'm not keen on making men's cards (like lots of cardmakers, me thinks!), but June seems to be a month when I have to make quite a few - my brother's birthday 1st June, my father-in-law 4th June, brother-in-law and nephew 12th June, my Dad 20th June, then it's Father's Day (my Dad, father-in-law and husband), and my friend's son on 1st July. Whew!! hope I haven't missed anyone out!

Anyhoo! I thought I would show you the ones I've made so far:



Above is the card I made for my brother. Because I used digi download papers, I was able to decorate the inside too - often, I just add an insert from a Crafters Companion CD, but other bloggers have inspired me to attempt decorating the inside with papers used on the front! I really enjoyed doing that, and may even do it more often!!

The image is a Dottie Download - Sports George from Charmed Cards and Craft. I have used one of the pre-coloured images, to save me some time! The papers were downloaded from Daisie Company quite a while ago. The swirl stamp is from Hot Off The Press. Ribbon and gems from my stash - the gems were yellow, so I used a permanent marker to colour them brown.

And now to my next cards -


I made this card for my father-in-law, and this is the one my children chose to give him. It is a Dottie Download Sports George image again - I've used one of the pre-coloured ones again. The 'leafy' paper and vertical striped paper was free with a Crafts Beautiful Magazine a few months ago. The horizontal striped (thicker stripes) paper was recycled from one of my hubby's birthday cards. I have used some plastererboard jointing tape (!!) to look like a goal net, and I coloured some clear gems with red permanent marker. I did decorate the inside with offcuts again, but forgot to photograph it before the children wrote their messages (doh!!)

And my final card for today (because I really should be in bed!!)



I used Sketch CPS117 from Card Positioning Systems challenge blog for this layout. I did alter it a bit because the sketch was on a square card, and I have used an A6 card. I didn't enter the challenge because, by the time I had finished my card, I couldn't remember which blog it was on!!

The image is a Sports George one again, the cricket backing paper was a download (but I can't for the life of me think where from now!!), and the large cricket ball was again pinched from one of my husband's birthday cards.

PS - I have used a Sakura Stardust Clear pen on the hair on each of the cards.

Well, I hope I have given some of you a little inspiration for men's cards. There should be some more to show soon - when they are made!!

Sorry for the long post, but hope you'll be back to look at some more of my cards sometime.

Love from

Andrea xx

1 comment:

Tab said...

Fab cards hun, love the images and papers!
Hugs Tab xxx