Tuesday 12 May 2009

Birthday Card for My Mum



This is the card I made for my Mum for her birthday - hope you liked your cards and had a lovely birthday Mum!

I have based the layout on the Just Magnolia Challenge #3. I knew I was not going to be able to get time to enter the challenge, but I loved the sketch, and so I was able to use one of my new gorgeous Miss Anya stamps. I have coloured her with watercolour pencils (and I know I've got lots to learn about colouring images - my colouring looks very amateur when compared with lots of other crafters' blogs!!).
I just love the green backing paper - wish I'd got more of it, but it was in a kit, and there's not much left. I have a thing about green at the moment - (I'm looking for something gorgeous to buy to wear that is green, but haven't managed to find it yet lol! - just gotta keep looking!). I love the swirl in the corner too - think I'm going to use that idea again!

Items I used:

Papers and Swirl Stamp - Hot Off The Press from Cardmakers Ultimate Floral Pack
Image - Miss Anya from The Greeting Farm
Ribbon, Gems, Wooden Hearts and Charm - from my Stash


Hope I don't have to leave it so long before my next post.

Love From

2 comments:

Tab said...

Fab card hun, love these Miss Anya's so sweet! Love the colours that you have used too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cardxxx
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.