Sunday 19 June 2011

Cards for Pep!!!

Hello Everyone

I hope you've had a lovely day today. We've had a lovely family Father's Day today - went shopping to buy some trousers for Andrew to take on his school camping trip in a couple of weeks' time, and also bought Eleri some new crocs. We were also looking for a new bicycle for Andrew, but we haven't decided what to get yet - we know what size to look for though! Then we went for lunch at Pizza Hut - that was lovely. And visited my Mum and Dad on the way home. Also called at Richard's Dad's on the way home, but he wasn't in.

My Dad makes me laugh LOL! I gave him his Father's Day card today. He was opening it whilst I was doing the tea/coffee run, and I heard roars of laughter coming from the other room. Apparently, my Dad had opened his card and thought to himself "Pep, what on earth does that mean - has she given me a pep pill or something?". And then he realised what he'd done and thought it was so funny, and he told everyone 'cos he can't keep something like that to himself! So I just had to show you as well:



He was only holding it upside down ROFL!! My Dad has a wonderful sense of humour and such a wicked laugh! As we were leaving he said to me "Thanks for your card And, it really pepped me up!", and then he had another belly laugh!

This is what the card should have looked like - I actually made the same cards for my Dad and for Richard's Dad - I hope John doesn't think I'm giving him a pep pill! LOL!



I'm entering these cards in the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter - punches and dies
Incy Wincy Designs - Father's Day/Masculine

It's also my Dad's birthday tomorrow, so this is his birthday card:



For the background of the image, I masked the image and then used a HOTP stitches stamp to make a stitched effect background, and just did some random dots around the edge as it looked a bit too plain.

I would like to enter this card in the Little Red Wagon challenge which is for Dad. And I followed the sketch on Inspirational Card Sketches challenge this week.

You would probably like me to stop waffling now. And I need to go to bed anyway - to be honest, I haven't been feeling too well this weekend, have a sore throat, been sneezing, and have a blocked and runny nose (how can they both happen at the same time LOL!? Sorry, that's maybe too much information!). Anyway, I'm normally very lucky and shake colds off very quickly, in fact they don't normally get as far as the sneezing stage etc - so hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow feeling fine!

Hope to see you again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

7 comments:

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, fab creations Andrea.
luv
Debby

AN said...

WAu-korttisi on todella hieno ja sopii tyyliin
Kiitos osallistumisesta ICS-haasteeseen ja onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne<3

Vicky said...

They are both gorgeous sweetie...!

hugs Vicky xx

gina g said...

Fabulous creations hun. Thanks for joining us a The Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

Tab said...

LOL, Dad's eh LOL, what are they like! Love all the cards, truly fabulous, hun!
Hugs Tab xxx

Susie Little said...

Lovely work,That monkey is so sweet! Thanks for playing along at ICS xx