Hello and Happy Monday everyone - I hope you have a fabulous week!
I have spotted a fabulous competition on the Polka Doodles blog to win some of the new Aquamarkers - all you have to do is colour something and then enter your project. Now, I'm not very impressed with my colouring, whatever medium I use, but I would dearly love to own some of the Aquamarkers, so I thought "If you don't enter you definitely won't win!", so darn it, I'm entering the door hanger I have just finished making for my daughter. And, here's the front which has the coloured image on it:
I have used the wonderful girl image from Bugaboo Stamps again - as soon as I saw the image, I wanted to use it to make a door hanger for Eleri, because the image looks just like her when she has her hair in bunches like that! I coloured her with Promarkers and, as I said, I'm not very happy with my colouring. I've tried to give her the same hair colour as Eleri, but I'm especially not happy with the way I colour hair - I've seen so many good tutorials on colouring, but mine just never works like those!
Please forgive me for using the MME papers again LOL (but they just seem to be working for so many of my projects at the moment!) I've used them to cover the base of the hanger, which is actually a page from a Papermania Chipboard album. Eleri painted the outside/edge of the chipboard, and helped to cover it. She also helped with the sticking of the image and flowers, the punching of the small flowers and the glittering of the letters. The large flower is cut using a Papermania template. The heart is a die I found in a craft sale - I think it's X-cut.
And now for the other side:
For some reason, Eleri wanted a dog on the back. I found this cute image on SJ's Little Musings - his name's Nippy. I'm not going to pretend I coloured him at all - I didn't - the digi already had the shading - and I think these dogs are gorgeous when they're white, so I didn't need to add any colour at all. Just cut him out with my Nellie's Multi Frames die. Then added some doodling around the edge of the image. I only had a small length of the ribbon, so only added it to one side of the image, with a heart buckle. Added the same flowers and gems as on the front, ribbon for the hanger, to which I added a couple of beads (these started off clear, but I coloured them with permanent markers). And that's about it!
I am sooooooooo pleased with the way this turned out, and Eleri loves it too! And it has pride of place on her bedroom door.
I'm going to enter it in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Whateva!
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girlie (because my daughter's cute and girlie!)
By The Cute and Girly - Animal Antics (the dog on the back of the hanger)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Well, that's it from me - sorry this has been a long one! I need a cup of tea after all that LOL! Hope to see you again soon.
Love, Andrea xx
Baby Washing Line
23 hours ago