Saturday 29 May 2010

For My Goddaughter

Hello Everyone

I'm back from holidays (sob!). We've had a lovely (short) holiday in Woolacombe, North Devon. We left home last Sunday, went to Bristol Zoo (very disappointing I thought!), stayed the night in Taunton, and then travelled on down to Woolacombe on Monday, where we stayed in a caravan til Friday. We had gorgeous weather, although a slightly chilly breeze a couple of days, the children managed to play in the sea, hubby managed to get his legs and feet sunburned (again! - when will he learn to use sunscreen before going onto the beach??), I managed to scoff down a gorgeous Devon Cream Tea (mmmmmmmmm yummy!) and we didn't have to wear coats all week (hooraaaaaayyyy!! LOL!).

Unfortunately, we got home to some bad news - my Mum and Dad were meant to be going away today for a week, but Mum is not well again - she saw her GP yesterday for the results of an X-ray she had a couple of weeks ago, and was told that fluid is building up in her lung again (fourth time I think), and she has a partially collapsed lung. She is to have a scan on Thursday. I really hope they can sort her out this time - she has been ill since last August, and has been in hospital three times.

So, enough of my waffle - I'll show you the card I made for my goddaughter, whose birthday was on 22nd May - hope you had a fabulous birthday Cate!





I made a shutter card. The images are all from Pollycrafts, and have been coloured with Promarkers. The papers are Kay and Co, and I just added some gem flowers.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz Challenge which is Going Round in Circles - there are lots of circles on my papers, and in the images.
A Spoon Fullof Sugar Challenge which is Celebrations - my card was for my goddaughter's birthday
Passion for Promarkers which is Anything Goes

I must stop waffling now - Richard wants the computer!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you again soon.

Love, Andrea xx

5 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - great design!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Lovely card and great colours. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week, and good luck.
Hugs Anja

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Andrea, what a pretty card. Love the cute images and your colouring is fab. Great shutter style card. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lexxie said...

Beautiful Andrea, I really love the design,
Sorry to hear your mum is not well, I hope she gets better soon,
Love Sarita xx

Ingrid said...

What a lovely card you entered for our challenge! Nice images.
Thanks for joining the fun at A Spoon Full of Sugar.
Hugs Ingrid