When I saw the sketch at Papertake Weekly, I really wanted to have a go, and I have been seeing some gorgeous white on white cards around blogland so wanted to attempt that too. But I had in mind to use ivory card. So I was really looking forward to making this card. I need a card for a lady who has recently resigned from a patient forum I facilitate for work - I am going to really miss her as she has such a fantastic sense of humour.
Anyway here's my card:
I stamped the image direct onto the ivory pearlescent card with black pigment ink and embossed with clear powder because I wasn't sure how promarkers would work on the pearlescent. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment. The background is embossed with a cuttlebug folder, and the two smaller panels embossed with the Do Crafts Hanoverian folder (think this is my current favourite!). The flowers are a Joy Crafts die, I cut then embossed all three sizes of flower and shaped and layered them up, and fastened them together with a pearl brad - I do love this flower.
But I wasn't happy with the card when I'd finished what I was doing on Saturday evening - isn't that just typical, you have an idea that you really want to try, and then it doesn't work the way you expected! I don't really know what's wrong but it just does not look right to me - I don't think I should have used such a busy embossing folder for the base, and I think I've stamped the sentiment the wrong way round. Anyway, last night I added some more adhesive pearls, and the card has improved - I nearly like it now LOL! I decided to have another go at a pink version, which I am happier with - I'll show that another time.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - sketch
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything goes
That's it from me for now, I should be in bed! See you again soon.
Love, Andrea xx
Using a Die
20 hours ago