Friday, 1 October 2010

Mojo Monday, OSAAT, Wild Orchid

Well, it's the end of the working week for me - thank goodness! Another weekend has come round so quickly - I hope you all have a good one!

My card today is one for three challenges, and it was made for my sister-in-law. I hope she liked it.


The image is another digi from Pollycrafts, called Retro Melody - isn't she so pretty? I coloured her hair and skin with Promarkers, and then paper pieced her dress with the same paper as I've used in the background. The bp is from a Kate Knight pad which was free with a magazine a while ago - there are some gorgeous papers in the pad. I found some scraps of the organza ribbon in a box, so used one piece to make a bow and placed the other piece around the layer. The gems are Papermania, and the sentiment is Hot Off the Press.

The challenges I'm entering are:

Mojo Monday - the sketch I followed
One Stitch At a Time - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge - Ribbons and Bows

Tomorrow, I'm taking my daughter shopping for a new outfit for her nanny and grandad's golden wedding party - I hope we manage to find something lovely but that can also be worn at other times. And, guess what? - yep, she's had a late invitation to a friend's birthday party on Sunday!! So I have another present to find!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Love, Andrea xx

8 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Andrea,

This is just so cute - I mean the girl. The background paper is pretty as well. And I love the dress.

xxx Monica

Josephine said...

Lovely colouring and paper-piecing and a gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Dora said...

O wow this is beautiful, love your colouring, and what a sweet stamp too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This card is so adorable! Your coloring of that darling image is spot on! I just love your card and also want to wish you a Happy World Card Making Day from Papercraft Star! We'd love to have you enter some of your talented projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and there is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Stampin Mindy said...

Lovely card, the gems and ribbons are so pretty I love the font of the sentiment too.

Thanks so much for joining us over at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog.

Hugs, Mindy

Mina said...

I bet she loved it to bits, its gorgeous, lovely rich colours and your colouring is gorgeous too Andrea
Mina xxx

Monica said...

Do visit my blog, Andrea, I have left something for you.

xxx Monica

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so pretty Andrea - the beautiful paper design is perfect for the dress.
Sylvia xx