Sunday, 22 August 2010

I Made a Gift!

Hello and Happy Sunday - hope you are having a good weekend!

Guess where my daughter is at the moment? - yep, at another birthday party. So, as well as a card, I have made a gift set - a photo hanger and matching door hanger.

This is the front side of the door hanger - I have followed the sketch on The Pixie Cottage, with the added option of Anything But a Card.



The hanger is similar to the one I made Eleri a few weeks ago - made out of a page from a Papermania chipboard album. The papers are a digi download called Beautimous from Summer Driggs - I sprayed them with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle Silver, partly to make them glitter a bit and partly to protect the digital papers. The image is a stamp from Sugar Nellie - Dress Up Maggie - which I coloured with Promarkers and pearlescent paints. The letters have been glittered with glitter glue.

This is the second side of the door hanger:



Same papers, glittered up again. This image is one I recently won in a challenge from Di's Digi Downloads - Maisy Hugging Teddy - isn't she sweet? I've coloured her again with Promarkers and pearlescent paints.

And this is the photo hanger I made to match. The background is made with paper weaving.



I'm also entering this gift set in the following challenges:

Simon Says Challenge - Make a Gift
Wild Orchid Challenge - One for the Girls
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle and Shine

That's it for now - I'll be posting the card I made to go with this gift set soon. Until then, thanks for looking.

Love, Andrea xx

9 comments:

Mina said...

wow these are fabulous...I love the glitz and glitter Andrea
Mina xxx

Cherie said...

Hi Andrea, I love both creations, the door hanger is gorgeous on both sides with lots of sparkle for our challenge at Creative Card Crew. Thanks so much for joining the fun.
Hugs cherie

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous creations Andrea :-) I am sure Ella will just LOVE these ,, so pretty and girly :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Beautiful Greetings said...

These gifts are both adorable. Great images and I am loving the soft colors with the silver centers. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aww I love these images and colors! Great job!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Tanya Rudd said...

What a great picture frame to hang on the wall. Thank you for joining us this week over at The Pixie Cottage.
Hugs
Tanya

debby4000 said...

Wonderful gift Andrea, such gorgeous work.
Thanks for joining us at Simon says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

these are all adorable! i love the images you used! thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What adorable projects! I am sure they will be treasured! Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining the pixie cottage challenge.
Denise Pixie Cottage DT